Articles on this Page
- 12/16/08--09:28: _A common sense woma...
- 12/18/08--08:37: _I think they are st...
- 12/18/08--22:21: _Way back when….
- 12/19/08--08:52: _Much ado about nothing
- 12/19/08--20:26: _They still have to ...
- 12/20/08--19:42: _Another year gone…………
- 12/23/08--10:46: _My secret confessio...
- 12/23/08--20:25: _Christmas Carols
- 12/24/08--15:57: _Sad news from Tokyo……
- 12/24/08--20:47: _Christmas Eve……..
- 12/25/08--17:50: _And I thought I was...
- 12/27/08--09:46: _The best laid plans...
- 03/13/10--20:23: _The conventional wi...
- 06/21/10--20:37: _Cat Fight
- 08/24/10--00:52: _Don’t call it what ...
- 10/22/11--19:28: _Let the whining beg...
- 12/15/11--07:53: _Finally, its over.
- 03/27/12--15:36: _12-2-1
- 04/30/12--08:42: _Why I disagree with...
- 03/24/13--22:50: _What a week!
- 12/16/08--09:28: A common sense woman……..
- 12/18/08--08:37: I think they are still a little touchy about that……
- 12/18/08--22:21: Way back when….
- 12/19/08--08:52: Much ado about nothing
- 12/19/08--20:26: They still have to go back home…….
- 12/20/08--19:42: Another year gone…………
- 12/23/08--10:46: My secret confession…….
- 12/23/08--20:25: Christmas Carols
- 12/24/08--15:57: Sad news from Tokyo……
- 12/24/08--20:47: Christmas Eve……..
- 12/25/08--17:50: And I thought I was bitter…….
- 12/27/08--09:46: The best laid plans …always go astray.
- 03/13/10--20:23: The conventional wisdom….
- 06/21/10--20:37: Cat Fight
- 08/24/10--00:52: Don’t call it what it is not…….
- 10/22/11--19:28: Let the whining begin….
- 12/15/11--07:53: Finally, its over.
- 03/27/12--15:36: 12-2-1
- 04/30/12--08:42: Why I disagree with Mr. Jacobson
- 03/24/13--22:50: What a week!
Camille Paglia…call your office. Its refreshing to see a woman understand what makes a man tick: When I meet a guy for the first time, I have no problem with his eyes wandering south for a second to check out my rack—that’s when I steal a glance at the little slip of landscape peeking out […]
Pat Buchanan-no friend to union labor-makes a great point: Be it BMW, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Mitsubishi or Hyundai, the South has become a sanctuary for foreign assembly plants, for which Southern states have been paying subsidies. Fine. But why this “Let-them-eat-cake!” coldness toward U.S. auto companies? General Motors employs more workers than all these […]
When I only had one goal in life and it was this: Carrier Landing-Home Video – The best home videos are here I actually got some time in the S-3, both at the ship and flying cross country from Jax to Whidbey.
Obama must be doing something right when he is able to piss off both his supporters and the die hard extremists who believe him to be the Anti-christ and a Muslim. By picking Rick Warren to give the invocation, Obama sends a message-a good one if you ask me-that says this nation has to work […]
The Russians that is-across the North Atlantic in the dead of winter. Came across this pretty cool video of how the transit might be like. Admiral Kusnetsov and a Slava CG taking water over the bow. Check out the Sovremmeny Destroyer taking 45 degree rolls. Admiral Kuznetsov Aircraft Carrier and CVBG in a Heavy Storm […]
And it finds the S.O. and I still together, on the wrong side of the planet, and wondering what the next year will hold for us. My father is coming here tomorrow for the Christmas holidays-so posting may be spotty. The last three years running the S.O. and I observed our ritual in a hotel […]
Was out at Barnes and Noble today, getting some gift cards for my son. (Never shop early when you can put it off to the last minute!). I came across the Christmas gift for me: Yes , I am ashamed to admit it, but I am a secret fan of Mad Magazine. Have been since […]
One of the things I have always marveled about, when it comes to the hymn Silent Night, is how many languages it has been translated into. In the spirit of Christmas Eve, here is a cure little anime of the song translated into Nihongo: And of course the fact that Christmas Eve is coming tomorrow-also […]
Ai Iijima, who was an AIDS activist and former television personality was found dead in her condo in Shibuya yesterday. The body of the 36-year-old, who retired in March last year from a lucrative career as a television personality, was found lying in the lounge of her condominium in downtown Shibuya by a friend. ‘There […]
I’ve just finished wrapping the last little presents I could hide from the S.O. She already has the big one-a pearl and diamond ring that is sort of a Christmas / Anniversary of Being Together present. She knows about the earrings under the tree-she picked them out. I used to be able to surprise her. […]
About getting screwed over by the ex-wife. However, from LA comes a case of a REALLY BITTER ex husband: COVINA, Calif. (AP) – Stinging from an acrimonious divorce, a man plotting revenge against his ex-wife dressed up like Santa, went to his former in-laws’ Christmas Eve party and slaughtered at least six people before killing […]
And in the process scare the stuffing out of me and the S.O.-as well as my sister and my father. Yesterday started well enough. We had decided that it might be a good idea to get out of the house. The S.O. wanted to get deals on Christmas decorations and I had suggested we go […]
Is many times, actually correct. Phib had a post a couple of days ago, taking Newsweek to task for supposedly promoting defeat: I’m angry. Why angry? Because the media like Newsweek did everything it could to undermine our victory during the most difficult times mid-decade. They took every chance to push the bad – yet […]
My, my, my-how quickly the worm turns. For years loads of military bloggers have been fawning over Michael Yon, supposedly the only honest reporter covering the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Now it would seem, he no longer enjoys the adoration of the masses. I mean after all-God forbid you would call Uncle Dumbo the […]
The last of America’s combat forces are out of Iraq. So there are usual suspects lining up to congratulate the United States on its “victory” in Iraq. There is only one problem with that line of thinking-the only winners in the Iraq war were China and Iran. China-because it got finance the whole undertaking by […]
About the day that has taken almost 9 years to achieve-the withdrawal of all troops from Iraq. Now, for me, this is a welcome development. I’ve been wishing for this day since March of 2003. If you are a long time reader, you know I am know Johnny come lately to being opposed to our […]
The last forces are leaving Iraq. about 9 years too late-but they are leaving, thanks be to God. Now if you peruse my archives, you will find that I have not been a fan of the adventure since day 1. And now-I still believe, that for whatever tactical successes we had, the war was a […]
That's the win, loss, tie record of the US in its wars. More if you count the Indian Wars and the other smaller skirmishes over the two centuries of the country's existence. Stephen Walt has a great article up point out again-how the US will ultimately end up the loser in Iraq, My only question […]
Ok, I admit it-I snapped. When I followed the Memorandum link to Mr. Jacobson's blaming of Obama for "losing" the Middle East, I lost my temper. And with good reason too-I expect better logic and a better perspective on the history of the region-and an understanding of the peoples that lie within. Sadly, Mr Jacobson […]
Well, things have slowly returned to normal after dispatching our Israeli guests back to the land of milk and honey-in order to allow them to celebrate Pesach. You know it as Passover. And Holy Week. Nonetheless it was a productive week if at the same time a very frustrating one. Israelis can be very difficult […]