- RSS Channel Showcase 6185429
- RSS Channel Showcase 2023579
- RSS Channel Showcase 8663683
- RSS Channel Showcase 4484721
Articles on this Page
- 06/13/14--00:47: _When do we get to b...
- 04/29/15--14:27: _Never placing the b...
- 12/08/09--09:52: _But it worked!
- 02/19/10--04:46: _A rose by any other...
- 01/05/14--23:46: _There was never a c...
- 01/10/14--00:00: _Going down a sinkho...
- 02/03/14--10:57: _Traveling again
- 06/13/14--12:02: _When do we get to b...
- 11/12/14--09:56: _But I thought we lo...
- 09/11/18--10:18: _The 11th day of the...
- 06/13/14--00:47: When do we get to blame the Iraqis?
- 04/29/15--14:27: Never placing the blame where it belongs……..
- 12/08/09--09:52: But it worked!
- 02/19/10--04:46: A rose by any other name…….
- 01/05/14--23:46: There was never a chance………..
- 01/10/14--00:00: Going down a sinkhole…….
- 02/03/14--10:57: Traveling again
- 06/13/14--12:02: When do we get to blame the Iraqis?
- 11/12/14--09:56: But I thought we lost the war during Obama’s West Point speech?
- 09/11/18--10:18: The 11th day of the 9th month of the 17th year.
I woke up this morning to see articles blaming the current situation on Iraq-on our failure to leave troops there. John McCain is living up to his reputation of never meeting a war he did not want Americans to fight. They are trotting out the "I told you so" brigades to say its Obama's fault […]
Over at another blog, there is yet another tired old rendition of the refrain, "The surge worked-and Obama pissed it all away." Its a tiresome song that gets played over and over again, and the usual suspects will shout, "hear, hear". Now I do understand it, I do recognize that a lot of people believe […]
Clik your heels together and repeat three times: “The Surge in Iraq worked!” BAGHDAD — A series of coordinated attacks struck Baghdad Tuesday, including two suicide car bombers and another vehicle that blew up near government sites. At least 121 were killed and hundreds wounded in the worst wave of violence in the capital in [...]
Can still smell bad…………. Say goodbye to Operation Iraqi Freedom. Effective Sept. 1, the war in Iraq will acquire a new official moniker: “Operation New Dawn.” Defense Secretary Robert Gates announced the move Wednesday in a memo to Gen. David Petraeus, chief of U.S. Central Command, that was first reported by ABC News. In the [...]
Phib, in one of his repeated themes, bemoans the fact that we did not give ourselves a chance to “succeed” in Afghanistan. “All it required was about another four-five years of patience. Of course, that 4-5 from now is based on an alternative history where we did not announce our retreat in DEC 09 … [...]
Is still a bad thing-no matter how many times you do it. The usual suspects have come out, and seized upon Robert Gates’ new book to criticize the effort to get the US out of the worthless hellhole that is Afghanistan, and to rewrite the history of the US fiasco in Iraq. I find the tenor of the [...]
On the road again-had a challenging journey yesterday to the other side of the Atlantic. To start with my ICE train to the Frankfurt Airport was going to be delayed by 90 minutes. That was a non-starter as it was going to make me late for check in-and my requisite need to “pre-charge” in the [...]
I woke up this morning to see articles blaming the current situation on Iraq-on our failure to leave troops there. John McCain is living up to his reputation of never meeting a war he did not want Americans to fight. They are trotting out the “I told you so” brigades to say its Obama’s fault [...]
LTG Daniel Bolger (Citadel Class of 1978) has a very good book out chronicling the truth that a whole lot of people don’t want to admit. For them, the wars were lost when the President of the United States decided to :1) not hang US troops out to dry with a worthless Iraqi government when they [...]
The 17th year since the disaster of 9-11 occurred. Today, of course, will be a day of remembrances and memorials to the 3000 Americans who perished on that day, and the many more both in and out of the service who perished as a result of that day and the actions taken afterward. The timeline [...]