Articles on this Page
- 11/25/08--14:33: _Vienna……
- 11/26/08--14:37: _More Vienna..
- 11/28/08--14:08: _Prague is really be...
- 11/30/08--01:05: _Drizzle Drizzle Dra...
- 12/02/08--04:24: _Home……..
- 12/03/08--04:35: _Food post
- 12/04/08--09:55: _Sometimes you just ...
- 12/04/08--22:41: _Prague
- 12/05/08--07:31: _Beat Army!
- 12/05/08--20:16: _Oh why not?
- 12/07/08--07:22: _All is right with t...
- 12/07/08--07:29: _December 7, 1941
- 12/08/08--08:52: _Somehow, I don’t th...
- 12/08/08--17:07: _So what am I, chop...
- 12/08/08--18:24: _One guy who does no...
- 12/10/08--19:48: _Not always what it ...
- 12/10/08--22:24: _Odds and ends………..
- 12/10/08--22:40: _Speaking of the aut...
- 12/12/08--05:17: _Video follies……..
- 12/14/08--20:08: _Weekends and my inn...
- 11/25/08--14:33: Vienna……
- 11/26/08--14:37: More Vienna..
- 11/28/08--14:08: Prague is really beautiful!
- 11/30/08--01:05: Drizzle Drizzle Drazzle Drone……..
- 12/02/08--04:24: Home……..
- 12/03/08--04:35: Food post
- 12/04/08--09:55: Sometimes you just have to enjoy the moment……….
- 12/04/08--22:41: Prague
- 12/05/08--07:31: Beat Army!
- 12/05/08--20:16: Oh why not?
- 12/07/08--07:22: All is right with the world
- 12/07/08--07:29: December 7, 1941
- 12/08/08--08:52: Somehow, I don’t think this is going to stop anyone from doing it………
- 12/08/08--17:07: So what am I, chopped liver?
- 12/08/08--18:24: One guy who does not need to stay around…….
- 12/10/08--19:48: Not always what it seems……..
- 12/10/08--22:24: Odds and ends………..
- 12/10/08--22:40: Speaking of the auto bailout………
- 12/12/08--05:17: Video follies……..
- 12/14/08--20:08: Weekends and my inner karma………
Forgive the lack of a post last night. Could have blogged-but with the S.O. asleep from the days exertions and the internet in the lobby acting cranky anyway-decided to blow it off to drink a few beers at the International Bar, The Flying Pig, located just around the corner from our hotel. Turned out to […]
On the way to Prague this afternoon. For some strange reason you have to go to the south station to get to Prague which is North. Don’t ask me-that’s where the train runs from. Yesterday though was a good day. We followed up on our Schonbrun visit, by taking the time to go to Hofburg, […]
And it looks like a good time could be had-if I was free to explore it…………. There are indications of some really primo nightlife it seems. Not that I am going to see any of it. Have seen plenty of stores though, lots of ceramics and Bohemian glass. Pix to come-including food. But not till […]
Time for this one to go home! Albeit-more than a little sadly. One of the things I marvel about, in an age of jet air travel, is how I can wake up in a vibrant city like Munich, and then 18 hours later be laying my head down in a hick town like shopping mall. […]
I thought it was going to be like sliding down a greased rope to go home. I was wrong. Actually getting out of Munich worked fine. The hotel we had chosen was right above the S-bahn stop of S-8, the line that runs directly to the airport. So after checkout, all we had to do […]
I did more eating than I should have this trip. (Also consumed copious amounts of my favorite food group-beer). Dinners on these trips with the S.O. are always an event I kind of dread-not because I don’t like eating with her, its just that getting her to decide on a place to ear is always […]
While I was gone, my Amazon order came! (It was supposed to have been here before we left). Besides buying this book: Which I have been meaning to read for a while now-and has applicability to the country’s current situation. There were also two CD’s for the S.O. and finally, something for me-a stroll back […]
While I thoroughly loved Vienna and am ready to go back-Prague had to be the highlight of the trip. It started with dinner the night we arrived: Our hotel had a wine restaurant in the basement-some what pricey, but we were really not in the mood to venture far afoot and it was late. So […]
I am not a Naval Academy graduate and I am quite proud of that fact. However when the Army Navy game approaches I always root for Navy. This year is no different:
Look at babes. I’m rooting for Navy too! Maybe watch the game on a big TV with one of these on the end table? And at half time-compare notes with a new friend:
Navy won and Alabama lost. Life is good-and it will be especially fun to see the chagrined faces on Monday morning at work. Where I live, it is considered a sacrilege not to worship at the altar of SEC Football. Thus I was not surprised when the local fish wrapper here had not one word-NOT […]
Can’t forget this day. Especially when December 7 2008 is also a Sunday. Plenty of words to describe it-I’d prefer to let one picture talk: We honor their memory!
I mean, my dues to the association are paid up. The dues to the US Naval Institute are paid up, that it is. Yet, once again yours truly gets slighted-so that they can promote the work of some other semi-popular bloggers. Sounds to me, like they need someone to balance out the force. Of course, […]
For the most part, I have been impressed with the cabinet appointments President Elect Obama has made. His more liberal supporters are disappointed he did not appoint Kool-aid drinkers, but by seeking to have a cabinet that is at the same time inclusive and broadly based, he showing that he takes this little undertaking seriously. […]
The appointment of Gen Shinseki to be VA Secretary that is. I have no doubt that he will do a good job as VA Secretary, but I’m not reading into it the same kind of political vindictiveness that most of the media has. There are several reasons for this. 1) Shinseki was right about the […]
Some different pictures from our trip. Suffice it to say I kept my eye out for something more than a little out of the ordinary. For example I stumbled across this dog, taking a drink from a fountain: But of course, there is always more to it.
I did my part to save Ford last summer! H/T Spike!
Sometimes a video works (Warning this video is NSFW!): Link: And sometimes it doesn’t! The first video is a Danish commercial for washing machines that is actually quite funny-even with the nudity. ( And those are some really nice body parts!). The second video contained no nudity, had been reviewed, and even seen by the […]
Yesterday we went to my company’s Christmas party. An OK affair-save for the fact that with one exception, none of us work in the same place-we simply have the distinction of having the same employer. Who in every case handles every thing related to our care and feeding in a different city than this one. […]